PROJECT OFFICER FOR ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING AND FUNDING (NATIONAL) - UN JP MAINSTREAMING ENVIRONMENTAL GOVERNANCE
- Job Code Title: Project Officer for Environmental Planning and Funding
Department: UN Joint Programme “Mainstreaming
environmental governance: linking local and national action in BiH”
Reports to: National Programme Manager and
quick links : P11 Form (314 KB) ToR_PO_Env_Planning_Funding.pdf (96 KB)
Under the overall guidance of the Energy and Environment Cluster Coordinator and direct supervision of the National Programme Manager and Coordinator (NPMC) in charge of the UN Joint Programme “Mainstreaming environmental governance: linking local and national action in BiH” (UN JP).
The Project Officer for Environmental Planning and Funding will be part of a team implementing a joint UN programme, aimed to address and overcome the significant barriers in effective delivery of environmental services and environmental management at the local level in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). This requires a multi-level approach integrating responsive local government, improved local delivery, and national level process development, reflected in the three programme outcomes:
• Improved local level environmental planning;
• Enhanced management of environmental resources and delivery of environmental services; and
• Increased national environmental awareness and action, localizing and achieving the MDGs.
The Project Officer for Environmental Planning and Funding is responsible for management of the project within the areas assigned, as following but not limited to:
• Facilitate the process of strengthening capacities of the relevant national authorities on all levels for mainstreaming environmental issues into strategic policy planning, resource management and service delivery.
• Ensure establishment of Project based grant funding mechanisms (GFM) for priority environmental projects
• Organize consultative process and define detailed criteria for selection of priorities and projects to be supported by GFM and establishment of inclusive, participatory management and decision making processes for the GFM. Ensure adequate supervision and monitoring of implementation of the projects supported by the GFM, as well as evaluation of their results.
• Provide institutional support for Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) implementation and the development of an adaptation strategy for select sectors such as agriculture, forestry and water resources
• Facilitate the process of strengthening capacities for success of CDM programme/project cycle
The Project Officer can be assigned tasks of supervising and coordinating activities of programme staff. The Project Officer will work in close collaboration with UNDP operations team, programme staff of other UN Agencies involved (UNEP, FAO, UNESCO and UNV), Government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UNDP project implementation.
• University degree with minimum two years of relevant experience; Master’s degree will be an asset;
• Two years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of environmental and development projects.
• A deep understanding of the key environmental issues facing BiH, their relationship to sustainable development, social inclusion and poverty reduction.
• Fluency in English language is essential.
Deadline for submission of applications and mandatory UNDP Personal History Form (P11) is Thursday 4 February 2010. Applications and P11 should be sent to UNDP Registry, Marsala Tita 48, Sarajevo, BIH e-mail address
email@example.com or to fax no. 00387 33 552 330.
<- Back to: UNESCO Office in Venice