Reminder - Internship opportunity with UNESCO Venice Office: Culture Unit - resource mobilization activities (Deadline: 28/02/2014)
UNESCO is currently seeking an intern to assist the Culture Unit (CLT) within the UNESCO Regional Bureau for Science and Culture in Europe, Venice (Italy), in support of resource mobilization activities. Duration: 3 to 6 months approx. Dates: to be agreed with selected applicant
Under the direct supervision of the relevant Programme Officer, Culture Unit, and the overall authority of the Director of Office, the intern is expected to perform the following tasks:
• Gather information and assess accessibility of the European Union’s programmes for financial assistance, which are of relevance for the field of culture;
• Prepare a detailed report on the above-mentioned programmes’ operational modalities (topics, eligibility, timeframe, procedures for submission and selection of proposals, etc.);
• Contribute to the possible preparation of project proposals, as may be assigned.
• General understanding of the work and mission of a UNESCO regional office, with special focus in the field of culture;
• Developing knowledge and understanding of the European Union’s policies and financing instruments in the field of culture;
• Hands-on experience with resource mobilization in an international/European environment;
• Insight into issues of international cooperation at regional level.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Currently enrolled in a second level or master’s (or equivalent) university programme in cultural sciences, international relations, development studies or a related field;
• Basic knowledge of UNESCO’s mandate, structure, and activities, with special focus in the field of culture;
• Basic knowledge of the European Union’s mandate, structure and functioning;
• Full proficiency in English (working language for the assignment); knowledge of French is a plus;
• Previous relevant professional experience will be considered as a key asset.
Instructions for Application:
To apply for this internship, please submit your application directly through UNESCO’s internship portal at stageweb.unesco.org.
In the “Motivation” section of the application, please include a reference to this advertisement for an “Intern in support of resource mobilization activities in the Culture Unit of UNESCO Venice Office”. Deadline: COB 28/02/2014.
<- Back to: UNESCO Office in Venice