- Dakar Framework for Action: Meeting in Dakar, Senegal, in April 2000, we, the participants in the World EducationForum, commit ourselves to the achievement of education for all (EFA) goals and targets for every citizen and for every society.
- EFA Global Monitoring Report 2007: Strong foundations Early childhood care and education : This fifth edition of the EFA Global Monitoring Report assesses progress towards the first EFA goal, which calls upon countries to expand and improve comprehensive early childhood care and education, especially for the most disadvantaged children. Such interventions are crucial to improving children’s present well-being and future development.
- Background papers: commissioned for the Education for All Global Monitoring Report 2007
- Articles about early childhood programme from The UNESCO Courier: Colombia; Jordan; Jamaica; Ireland; Kenya; Papua New Guinea
- Education International (EI) releases global study on Early Childhood Education: The EI Early Childhood Education (ECE) Task Force has released a global study investigating ECE policies, systems, programmes and activities across the world. It contains case studies from 17 countries: Brazil, Canada, Denmark, The Gambia, Ghana, Hungary, Mexico, Nepal, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Portugal, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Togo, United States, and Venezuela.
The Case for $320,000 Kindergarten Teachers (New York Times, Published: July 27, 2010): A new study found students with better teachers learned more in kindergarten and earned more as young adults.