ICT competency standards for teachers: policy framework
The ICT competency standards for teachers have been designed by UNESCO and its partners to help educational policy-makers and curriculum developers identify the skills teachers need to harness technology in the service of education.
Developed in cooperation with Cisco, Intel and Microsoft, as well as the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), and the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), the standards consist of three parts:
- a policy framework explaining the rationale, structure and approach of the project;
- a competency standards modules’ structure, which crosses the components of educational reform with various policy approaches to generate a matrix of skill sets for teachers; and
- implementation guidelines providing a detailed syllabus of the specific skills to be acquired by teachers within each skill set or module.
- Referencia bibliográfica
- Cantidad de páginas: 15 p.
- Año de publicación: 2008
- Código del documento: CI-2007/WS/21