Ciudades del patrimonio y turismo sostenible
This project, which is being carried out in cooperation with the universities of Venice and Rotterdam, aims initially to create a network of European and Mediterranean cities which are applying measures involving an integrated and interdisciplinary approach to enhancing the cultural heritage.
The creation of a databank, a website and a newsletter linking members of the network will facilitate an exchange of information and practical experience conducive to the introduction of concrete measures for the sustainable and integrated management of tourism.
"The project "Art Cities and Visitor's Flow" was launched in 1991 by the UNESCO Office in Venice and the International Center of Studies (CISET) on the Tourist Economy of the University of Venice.
Its main activities were:
- "The impact of Tourism and visitor's Flow Management" UNESCO/Venice-CISET,1995
- "Proceedings of the International seminar: Alternative tourism routes in Cities of Art", June 1995, UNESCO/Venice-CISET
- "Proceedings of the International seminar: Tourism management in Heritage Cities", December 1998. UNESCO/Venice-CISET
- "Proceeding of the second international seminar on Tourism Management in Heritage Cities", Nazareth, Israel February 2000. Unesco/Venice-CISET
- Revised Plan of Action for International Co-operation on Tourism management in Heritage Cities, adopted at the Nazareth Conference