Versión española en preparación
The Subsidiary Committee will be composed of the representatives of 18 States Parties (3 by regional group). The election of the Committee shall obey the principles of equitable geographical representation and rotation.
Duration of the mandate
The members of the Committee will be elected for a 4 year-term. Every 2 years, the Meeting of States Parties will renew half of the members of the Committee. A member of the Committee may not be elected for two consecutive terms.
- To promote the objectives of the Convention;
- To review the national reports submitted to the General Conference by the States Parties to the Convention;
- To share good practices, prepare and submit to the Meeting of States Parties recommendations and guidelines that can help in implementing the Convention;
- To identify difficult situations resulting from the implementation of the Convention, including topics regarding the protection and return of cultural property;
- To establish and maintain coordination with the “Return and Restitution Committee” in connection with capacity-building measures to combat the illicit trafficking of cultural property;
- To inform the Meeting of States Parties of the activities that have been implemented.