30° aniversario del Comité intergubernamental
[Versión española en preparación]
For the first time in its history, and in order to celebrate its 30 years of existence, theIntergovernmental Committee for Promoting the Return of Cultural Property to its Countries of Origin or its Restitution in case of Illicit Appropriation held an extraordinary session.
This exceptional meeting was held in Seoul from 25 to 28 November 2008 at the invitation of the Government of the Republic of Korea and in pursuance of Recommendation No. 6 adopted at the Committee’s fourteenth session. It also provided an opportunity to continue the discussions initiated at UNESCO on the subject of improving the operation of the Committee and its mandate, particularly during the Athens international conference on 17 and 18 March 2008 on "The return of cultural property to its countries of origin".
On Wednesday, 26 November 2008, a public meeting of non-governmental experts was held under the auspices of the Republic of Korea.
The extraordinary session of the Committee was held on Thursday, 27, and Friday, 28 November 2008.
- ICPRCP - Reunión de expertos independientes y reunión extraordinaria del Comité con motivo de su 30° aniversario: Últimas realizaciones y perspectivas
Recommendations and conclusions
- Recommendations of the Extraordinary Session EN | FR | ES
- Conclusions of non-governmental Expert meeting
- Opening Speech by Mrs Françoise Rivière, former Assistant Director-General for Culture, at the opening ceremony of the extraordinary session of the Intergovernmental Committee
- Opening Speech by Mrs Françoise Rivière, former Assistant Director-General for Culture, at the occasion of the Experts Meeting
- Speech by Mrs Françoise Rivière, former Assistant Director-General for Culture, at the occasion of the closure of the extraordinary session of the intergovernmental Commitee
- Speech by the Administrator of the Cultural Heritage