Vision des jeunes sur la vie dans les îles
[Disponible en anglais uniquement]
Within the framework of Youth Visioning for Island Living and following a meeting held in Mauritius in January 2005, youth in more than 40 SIDS and other island territories implemented follow-up activities. Projects included that on Youth Voices against HIV/AIDS in Cape Verde. Another project contributed to the integration of disabled youth into society in Mauritius.
In cooperation with the Lighthouse Foundation, support to other Youth Visioning projects has included the following initiatives related to HIV & AIDS.
- Grenada. HIV/AIDS Project Management Capacity Building for Youth Groups
- Mauritius. HIV/AIDS Awareness Workshop
- Papua New Guinea. Fighting HIV/AIDS in Western Highlands Province
- St Lucia. Song Competition on HIV/AIDS Issues
- Zanzibar. HIV/AIDS Awareness for School-Going Youth
Through UNESCO Youth Visioning 2008 ( www.unesco.org/csi/YV/index.htm), a new call for project propsals has been lauched (deadline for applications: 16 November 2008). The aim is to encourage young peple in SIDS to take action on HIV and AIDS, in line with the theme of ‘Leadership: Keep the Promise’ for World AIDS day on 1 December 2008.Retour en haut de la page