Développement des médias
[Disponible en anglais uniquement]
In the field of media development, UNESCO helps to strengthen the capacities of communication institutions, to improve the training of media professionals and to raise awareness among the public in making best use of communication resources.
Particular attention is given to:
- Training for media specialists, particularly women journalists in developing countries. An example is the women’s community radio initiative in Fiji supported through the femLINKpacific (Media Initiatives for Women), a women’s media NGO.
- Strengthening news agencies, public service broadcasting and community media in developing countries.
- Assisting media in improving the quality of their local contents by providing training, production and distribution opportunities.
- Training in media literacy for users, particularly children and youth.
- Providing background information to help reporters, such as the release in September 2005 of a new edition of the Disaster Information Kit for the Caribbean Media, revised through a partnership between the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Response Agency (CDERA) and UNESCO.
For more information, Click here.Retour en haut de la page