Ateliers régionaux organisés en Afrique
[Translate to francais:]
Between 2008 and 2013, UNESCO is running a number of sub-regional workshops in Africa to build capacity in science, technology and innovation (STI) policy reviews.
These reviews are being conducted by UNESCO’s Division of Science Policy and Sustainable Development and the UNESCO Institute of Statistics, in co-operation with the African Union and the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD).
These workshops are part of an assessment being conducted by UNESCO of the status of science, technology and innovation (STI) policies in Africa, within the African Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Initiative (ASTIPI) approved by UNESCO’s General Conference in October 2007. The aim is to develop national STI policies.
Click on the links below to read about the outcome of each of the sub-regional workshops held thus far.
- Atelier régional en Afrique centrale (avril 2011)
- National STI workshops in Botswana and Zimbabwe (February 2011)
- West African Regional Capacity Building workshop in Science, Technology and Innovation Policy and Statistics (May 2010)
- STI policy review for East and North Africa (March 2009)
- STI policy review for countries of the Southern African Development Community (September 2008)
For details, contact UNESCO.
Read more about UNESCO’s contribution to this priority of the African Union in STI policy: