Atelier sur la ratification de la Convention pour la sauvegarde du patrimoine culturel immatériel
The Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage (‘the Convention’) entered into force in 2006. The rapid ratification of the Convention is a testament to the international community’s concern for safeguarding the world’s living heritage but many of the States Parties to the Convention or States not yet party to the Convention do not fully understand the different mechanisms established under the Convention. That is why UNESCO Regional Office for Culture in Latin America and the Caribbean is organizing several workshops in Aruba, Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Haiti aimed at assisting those countries to safeguard their intangible cultural heritage through effective implementation of the Convention. They also aim at building up a critical mass of experience and knowledge, both in government institutions and in civil society, so that the beneficiary countries will be equipped with an appropriate sustainable framework for safeguarding intangible heritage and implementing the Convention on a long term basis.
• Enable the beneficiary countries to safeguard their intangible cultural heritage through effective implementation of the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage, thereby contributing to sustainable development.
• Promote better visibility of intangible cultural heritage, awareness of its significance and function in society, and mutual respect for the heritage of others, thereby fostering cultural diversity, intercultural dialogue and a culture of peace.
• To assist beneficiary countries to ratify the Convention and meet their national obligations under the Convention, in particular with regards to safeguarding measures.
• To increase their possibilities to benefit from the mechanisms of international cooperation established by the Convention, including International Assistance from the Intangible Cultural Heritage Fund.
• To build up a critical mass of national capacity, both in government institutions and in civil society, so that the beneficiary countries will have a sustainable framework for safeguarding intangible heritage and implementing the Convention.
Activities of technical assistance for the beneficiary countries will take place, especially with the National Commissions for UNESCO and the National Committees for the Safeguarding of the intangible heritage.
The training workshop will focus on the ratification and implementation of the 2003 Convention.
Participants: Representatives from cultural institutions, NGOs and community representatives, including representatives from cultural institutions of the Netherlands Antilles.
|Type d'événement||Catégorie 7-Séminaire et atelier|
|Début||01.04.2013 13:00 heure locale|
|Fin||05.04.2013 13:00 heure locale|
|Date à confirmer||1|
|Point focal||Brugman, Fernando|
|Organisateur||UNESCO Regional Office for Culture in Latin America and the Caribbean|
|Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Délégation Permanente|
|Langue de l'événement||English|
|Nombre estimatif de participants||20-25|
|Site Officiel||Portail de la culture de l’Amérique latine et des Caraïbes|