4th PacMAB Meeting
The 4th meeting of the Pacific Biosphere Reserve Network (PacMAB) is scheduled to take place in Nadi, Fiji 23-25 April 2014 and assemble representatives, managers and researchers of Biosphere Reserves (BRs) from the Pacific on the topic "The Role of Biosphere Reserves in Sustainable Development in the Pacific".
The objectives of the meeting are to:
- assess the progress, accomplishments and key challenges of the Madrid Action Plan (MAP) in the Pacific Biosphere Reserves as well as to identify the follow-up for post-MAP actions;
- seek new ways to actively engage with the existing Biosphere Reserves whilst working to increase the number of Biosphere Reserves in the Pacific;
- assess how Pacific Biosphere Reserves have been serving for MDGs and discuss the actions for the post-2015 development agenda (e.g. regional policy actions to develop a road map for contribution to the new SDGs);
- discuss the future activities of Pacific Biosphere Reserves to enhance the cooperation between Biosphere Reserves and MAB national committees.
- Draft agenda of the 4th PacMAB meeting