Project Assistant for Science Unit
Job Title: Project Assistant for E-Learning (re-advertised)
Unit: Engineering Science & Technology Unit
Contract type: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration of Contract: 3 months
Duty Station: Jakarta
Closing Date of Applications: COB of 26 March 2013
Duties and Responsibilities :
Under the overall supervision of the Director UNESCO Office Jakarta and direct supervision of the Programme Specialist for Engineering Sciences & Technology unit, and working closely with the Engineering Sciences & Technology unit and colleagues in the office as a team, The Incumbent shall:
a. Take initiative in implementing UNESCO Jakarta e-learning programmes and networks;
b. Assist in the administration of the participants of UNESCO e-learning courses in coordination with the networks involved;
c. Assist in liaising, coordinating and building partnership with government and non-government organizations (NGOs), UN Agencies and other relevant stakeholders and partners including SOI-Asia, Directorate of Higher Education, Ministry of National Education Indonesia, TEIN, INHERENT, MYREN, PREGINET and other National Research and Education Networks in Asia and the Pacific on regular basis to conduct the e-learning and e-forum activities;
d. Assist with implementing the “Comprehensive Program to Enhance Technology, Engineering and Science Education (COMPETENCE)” Project;
e. Supervise proper maintenance and update of the unit’s information in the UNESCO Jakarta website, related to the programmes, including uploading necessary materials
f. Assist in the customization, dissemination and socialization of e-learning materials and ensuring the process is well coordinated and run in a timely manner;
g. As appropriate to the position and as specified by the supervisor, participate in the scoping and implementation of Engineering, Science and Innovation activities;
h. Assist in the preparation of periodic narrative and other related reports;
i. Assist in preparing evaluation reports of activities/program and preparation of annual reports;
j. Perform any other job related duties and responsibilities as requested by the supervisor.
Working conditions and schedule:
- The position will be based in UNESCO Jakarta office, and working hours shall be the normal working hours of the duty station.
Professionalism and Knowledge
1. Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze complex issues;
2. Ability to identify priority activities and assignments and make necessary adjustments as required;
3. Ability to work with minimum supervision, with efficiency, competence, integrity and in harmony with people of different backgrounds;
4. Team worker/builder, proven record in working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and ensure timely delivery of results.
5. Extensive knowledge in managing/organizing e-learning courses, distant learning programme or any activity using research and education network
Education: A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant field of study;
Work Experience: At least 3 – 5 years relevant work experience in project coordination and implementation;
Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia ability to draft documents and express views in a clear and concise manner.
Desirable: Knowledge of UN systems and procedures is an asset.
All applications in English, with the most recent Curriculum Vitae besides the UNESCO Personnel History Form as well as a non-returnable passport-size photo should be addressed to the Finance and Administrative Officer, UNESCO Jakarta, and received by COB 26 March 2013, to one of the followings:
(1) by mail for hard-copy to :
Jl. Galuh II/5, Kebayoran Baru
(2) by email to Jakarta@unesco.org with subject title “Vacancy EST Project Assistant”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquiries will be accepted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. UNESCO reserves the right to accept or reject any application.