From 2007-09-09 to 2007-09-13
Venue: Copenhagen, Denmark
The conference aims at providing an international forum for state-of-the art presentations on relevant methodologies and techniques, and the identification of the needs for future development. The conference will also attempt to illustrate the applicability of various techniques through advanced case studies on calibration and reliability assessment. Though the conference will cover the entire field of groundwater modelling the overall theme of the 2007 ModelCARE conference is Credibility of Modelling.
The principle topics addressed in the conference include:
• Credibility of modelling perceived by water managers and stakeholders in water resources management;
• Geological modelling and conceptual model uncertainty;
• Integrated hydrological modelling (coupled descriptions of saturated, unsaturated, surface water);
• Modelling of reactive and density affected transport;
• Value of data at different spatial and temporal scales for model uncertainty reduction;
• Use of new data types from geophysical and remote sensing techniques;
• Developments in modelling and uncertainty assessment;
• Parameter estimation and model calibration; and
• Groundwater modelling in relation to the Water Framework Directive and the Groundwater Directive.
The Conference will contribute to the implementation of the Groundwater Component of the sixth phase of the IHP (IHP-VI, 2002-2007).
Organizers: Jointly convened by the The Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS); and the International Commission on Groundwater (ICGW) of the International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS)
Contact Name: Ms Mia Clausen