From 2005-10-09 to 2005-10-14
Venue: Montego Bay, Jamaica
The theme of the upcoming dialogue is ‘Strengthening Local Capacities to Achieve Global Challenges’.
The objectives of this dialogue are as follows:
• strengthen the dialogue process as a mechanism for hemispheric cooperation in water management
• identify common factors on water management in the hemisphere to formulate the policies, plans and programmes of international and multi-lateral institutions
• develop a framework for water management in the Americas, including directives and mechanisms, to achieve the Millennium Development Goals and other global targets
• bring to the foreground the special circumstances of Caribbean Small Island Developing States
• promote investment opportunities in water management within the hemisphere
• plan the participation of the Americas in the 4th World Water Forum in Mexico City.
Organizers: Ministry of Water and Housing, Jamaica;
Water Resources Authority, Jamaica; United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO); Inter-American Water Resources Network (IWRN);
Organization of American States (OAS)
Contact Name: Basil Fernandez