Contents - Previous - Next
- References cited
- Additional literature
(1) (Anderson, Hazel). Report on a book condition survey June 1985-March 1986. Edinburgh: National Library of Scotland, 1987.
(2) Atkinson, Ross, "Selection for Preservation: A materialistic Approach", Library Resources and Technical services 30:343, October/December 1946.
(3) Bansa, Dr. Helmut. Selecting for Conservation-Selecting for Conversion: Some Practical Recommendations for Policy. Munich: Bavarian State Library (1985?).
(4) Buchanan, Sally. "Conservation Needs, Priorities, and Options at Stanford University" in Merrill-Oldham The Library Preservation Program.
(5) ......... and S. Coleman. "Deterioration Survey of the Stanford University Libraries Green Library Stack Collection", Preservation Planning Resources Notebook Washington, D.C.: Association of Research Libraries, Office of Management Studies, 1982.
(6) Child, Margaret. "Deciding What to Save", Abbey Newsletter: Bookbinding and Conservation 6(4) 2 Supplement 1982
(7) ........ "Further Thoughts on Selection for Preservation: A Materialistic Approach," Library Resources and Technical Services
(8) Clements, David W.G. Preservation of Library Collections Paris: Unesco 1985
(9a) Cunha, George M., Howard P. Lowell and Robert E. Schnare, Jr. Conservation Survey Manual. New York: New York Library Association, Section on the Management of Information Resources and Technology, 1982.
(9b) Cunha, G.M. and D.G. Conservation of Library Materials. Metuchen, New Jersey: The Scarecrow Press, Inc., 1971.
(9c) ........ Library and Archives Conservation; 1980s and Beyond. The Scarecrow Press, 1983.
(10) Fortson-Jones, Judith. "Practicality Peaks for this Conservation Survey Method", The New Library Scene 1(2):1-8,1982.
(11) Hazen, Dan C. "Collections Development, Collections Management, and Preservation", Library Resources and Technical Services 26:10, January/March 1982.
(12) Hendricks, Klaus B. The Preservation and restoration of photographic materials in archives and libraries: A RAMP study with guidelines. Paris: Unesco, 1984.
(13) Kathpalia, Y.P. A Model Curriculum for the Training of Specialists in Document Preservation and Restoration: A RAMP Study with Guidelines. Paris: Unesco 1984.
(14) McCrady, Ellen. "Selection for Preservation: A Survey of Approaches", The Abbey Newsletter: Bookbinding and Conservation 6(4): Supplement, 1982.
(15) Merrill-Oldham, Jan and Merrily Smith (eds). The Library Preservation Program. Chicago: The American Library Association, 1985. This is the proceedings of the April 1983 conference "Library Preservation: The Administrative Challenge" at the Library of Congress for top level library managers.
(16) Milevski, Robert and Linda Nainis. "Implementing a Book Repair and Treatment Program", Library Resources & Technical Services 31(2):151-175. Chicago: American Library Association, 1987.
(17) ........ Book Repair Manual. Carbondale, Illinois: Illinois Cooperative Conservation Program, Southern Illinois University, 1984.
(18) Morrow, Carolyn Clark. Conservation Treatment Procedures: A Manual of Step-by-Step Procedures for the Maintenance and Repair of Library Materials. Littleton, Colorado: Libraries Unlimited, 1982.
(19) Nainis, Linda and Laura A. Bedard. "Preservation Book Survey in an Academic Law Library", Law Library Journal 78:243-259, Spring 1986.
(20) Ogden, Barclay W. "Determining Conservation Options at the University of California at Berkeley", in Merrill-Oldham The Library Preservation Program.
21) Planning for Preservation of Library Materials SPEC Kit 66. Washington, D.C.: Association of Research Libraries, Office of Management Studies, Systems, and Procedures, 1980.
(22) Ratcliffe, F.W. and D. Patterson. Preservation and Conservation in British Libraries: Report of the Cambridge University Library Conservation Project. London: The British Library, 1984.
(23) Ritzenthaler, Mary Lynn. Implementing a Conservation Program. Chicago: Society of American Archivists, 1982.
(24) Rogers, Rutherford D. "Library preservation: Its Scope, History, and Importance", in Merrill-Oldham The Library Preservation Program.
(25) Schnare, Robert E. "How to Handle Your Deteriorating book Collections From an Administrative Point of View", The Library Scene 8(3):12-13,1979.
(26) Smith, Dr. Richard D. "Deacidifying Library Collections: Myths and Realities," Restaurator 14931/39 November 1987.
(27) Streit, Samuel A. (et al). "Guidelines on the selection of general collection materials for transfer to special collections", College & Research Library News September 1987 (pages 471-474).
(28) "Survey of Book Conditions at the Library of Congress", in the Library of Congress's National Preservation News 1:8-9, July, 1985. An unpublished Library of Congress discussion paper "Preservation Selection Decisions". Prepared by Rickey Erway, Office of Planning and Development, Library of Congress, September 1987.
(29) Walker, Gay (et al). "The Yale Survey: A large Scale Study of Book Deterioration in the Yale Library", College & Research Libraries 46:111-132, March 1985.
(30) Welsh, William J. "The Preservation Challenge", in Merrill Oldham The Library Preservation Program.
(31) Winkle, Becky. "Preservation on a Shoestring: Low and No-Budget Operations to Get a Preservation Program Off the Ground", American Libraries 16:778-79, December 1985.
Contents - Previous - Next