EOI: Establishment of Information Management System for Higher Education in Republika Srpska (Deadline : 10 September 2021)
The Antenna in Sarajevo of the UNESCO Regional Bureau for Science and Culture in Europe is seeking expressions of interest from qualified companies to support the project "Re-imagining Education for Marginalized Girls and Boys during and post COVID-19 in Bosnia and Herzegovina", by conducting two assignments related to establishment of Information Management System for Higher Education in Republika Srpska.
The COVID-19 pandemic added a new dimension of complexity to an already complex educational environment. In their efforts to deploy distance and hybrid learning programmes, education authorities were unprepared to support teaching, learning and monitoring during school closures. The need for integrated information management systems is more apparent now than ever before. The COVID-19 crisis revealed that non-existence of reliable and timely data affects the ability of authorities to effectively and efficiently decide on school closures, shifts to distance/hybrid learning, determine dropout risk, plan to prevent learning loss, and encourage the safe return to schools. Education institutions are increasingly expected to answer questions not only about enrolment and performance, but also about the well-being, teaching and learning processes, learning outcomes, pathways, diversity, equity, inclusion, and the long-term outcomes of all students. Moreover, information management systems must support learning continuity and monitoring even in the event of a crisis in order to plan for and facilitate continuous access to quality education to all.
The Consultant(s) will perform the specific tasks related to establishment of Information Management System for Higher Education in Republika Srpska.
These tasks are divided in two separate assignments:
1. Development of the Information Management System for Higher Education in Republika Srpska (items 2.2. – 2.6. of the attached file);
2. Penetration testing of the Information Management System for Higher Education in Republika Srpska prior to its full operationalisation (item 2.7. of the attached file).
Details on both assignments are described in the attached file.
The assignments shall take place between (01 October 2021 - 31 March 2022).
Modifications related to tasks or timeframe are subject to discussion and written approval by the Antenna in Sarajevo of UNESCO Regional Bureau for Science and Culture in Europe.
- Knowledge of and proven previous experience in developing web applications for data collection and processing purposes, preferably in education sector;
- Expertise and strong knowledge of distance and e-learning methodologies preferably within higher education;
- Previous experience in analysis and recommendations related to public measures to stimulate new learning;
- Other specific certificates as stated in the attached document will be considered an asset.
Expression of interest and selection criteria
Interested consultant must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate qualifications:
- Curriculum vitae/Description of a company with key persons’ qualifications, including past experience in similar projects;
- Proposal providing a brief methodology (1-3 pages) on how the task will be approached and conducted, accompanied by the financial offer in USD.
Expressions of interest will be selected based on the evaluation of 3 equally important criteria: quality of the technical proposal; qualifications of the expert(s) concerned; and, competitiveness of the financial proposal.
Those short-listed will be notified no later than one week after the closing date.
Due to legal requirements for the data management in Bosnia and Herzegovina only local companies registered in BiH are eligible to apply.
Due to the COVID-19 situation and preventive measures in place, UNESCO will discourage missions to ministries of education/ in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Therefore, for the purpose of communication with relevant education stakeholders, the use of available online communication platforms is strongly recommended.
For additional information, if required, please contact Ms. Alma Mrgan-Slipičević at email@example.com
Expressions of interest should be submitted by email, clearly stating “Establishment of Information Magament System for Higher Education in Republika Srpska“ to Ms. Maja Nikolic at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 September 2021.