Since its creation UNESCO serves its purpose to support global access to education, in order to achieve its mandate to build peace through international cooperation in education, sciences and culture.
UNESCO launched the Campus program to help young people develop a better understanding of key contemporary issues and their role as young citizens.
Owing to the knowledge of various speakers from UNESCO and the civil society, experts in their fields (technology, education, sciences, …), UNESCO Campuses want to face nowadays challenges with students from colleges and high schools through the format of a horizontal and open discussion.
UNESCO Campuses 2022-2023
Special edition "Journées européennes du patrimoine" 16 September 2022
UNESCO Campuses in numbers
- Participating in a UNESCO Campus means connecting with schools from all around the world.
- It’s a unique experience: students will be allowed to ask their questions directly to international experts from UNESCO and civil society.
- You will become part of our schools' network. You will receive the access to the edited video of the Campus you registered in, and to all replays of other UNESCO Campuses.
- To deepen the UNESCO Campus subjects, you will have access to a library of resources (videos, publications…)
Campuses are open to any schools (middle and high schools) in any country all around the world.
They are specifically designed for classes of students from 14 to 18 years old.
Pre-registrations must be made online.
Only registrations made by headmasters, teachers or members of the pedagogical team for their class will be accepted.
Your registration will be then confirmed three weeks before the UNESCO Campus that you chose. You will be also guided by a member of our team to prepare your participation.
Your class must have:
- An internet connection
- A video projector, to allow all your students to follow the live
- A computer (or laptop) with camera and microphone to allow the spokespersons to have a fluent conversation with the speakers.
UNESCO Campuses are held on Zoom. The link to join the event will be send the day before the Campus.