Logo and Patronage
The name, acronym and logo of UNESCO are the intellectual property of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. No individual or organization can use them without prior written authorization from UNESCO.
If you need to use the UNESCO name and logo as a UNESCO World Heritage site, a Man and the Biosphere Programme reserve, a Geopark, a UNITWIN chair, a member of the Associated Schools Programme, or an official partner of UNESCO in other capacities, we invite you to contact the concerned Programme Sectors directly to obtain information and permission.
If you are not a member of a UNESCO network but wish to obtain UNESCO’s authorization to use its name and logo for your event or activity, we invite you to apply for UNESCO’s patronage if you consider it eligible.
UNESCO’s patronage is its moral support to an external event or activity that contributes to the Organization’s missions and programmes, and does not involve any financial or in-kind contribution.
REQUEST FOR PATRONAGE
Is your event or activity eligible for UNESCO’s patronage?
- UNESCO’s patronage can be granted to a conference, an exhibition, a festival or a symposium, with an international impact and outreach.
- The event or activity must have definitive beginning and end dates, with a duration less than 6 months.
- If an event or activity that has received UNESCO’s patronage takes place again, a new request must be made because the permission for logo use terminates automatically with the end of the event or activity and cannot be extended without authorization from UNESCO.
- UNESCO’s patronage cannot be granted to an event or activity when its budget is not already firmly in place because UNESCO’s name and logo cannot be used for fundraising purposes.
- UNESCO’s patronage cannot be granted to competitions, awards, publications, teaching and training materials, audio-visual works, individuals or organizations.
APPLY FOR UNESCO'S PATRONAGE IN 4 STEPS
Please kindly note that the form must reach the National Commission(s) at least three months prior to the beginning date of the event or activity.
The National Commission(s) will undertake an evaluation.
Please Kindly note that UNESCO does not accept requests without a letter of support from the National Commission(s). The only exception is for non-governmental organizations in official relations with UNESCO.
UNESCO or the National Commission(s) will send a letter directly to the requestor.
CONTACT AT UNESCO
For enquiries, please contact UNESCO at the email address of email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
The name, acronym and logo of UNESCO have been notified and accepted by the Paris Union Member States under the Article 6 ter of the Paris Convention for the Protection of Intellectual Property.
No individual or organization can use the name, acronym or logo of UNESCO without prior written authorization. UNESCO undertakes all measures against misuse, unauthorized use or fraudulent use of its name, acronym and logo.