Towards the end of profit and commercial practices in education? Celebrating the 3rd anniversary of the Abidjan Principles
Virtual event, Monday February 14, 14:00-15:00 GMT
Organised by the Global Education Monitoring Report, the Right to Education Initiative, the Initiative for Social and Economic Rights, the Equal Education Law Centre, and the Global Initiative for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. The webinar will reflect on the journey of the Abidjan Principles and discuss the role of the market, profit, and commercial dynamics in education an issue central to the 2021/2 GEM Report on non-state actors.
The event will be chaired by Professor Sandra Fredman and will include the following speakers:
- Manos Antoninis, Director of the Global Education Monitoring Report
- Dr Sobhi Tawil, Director of UNESCO Future of Learning and Innovation Team
- Dr Jacqueline Mowbray, Assistant Professor at the University of Sydney
- Salima Namusobya, Executive Director of the Initiative for Social and Economic Rights (ISER), Uganda
- Jitu Brown, National Director of Journey for Justice Alliance, U.S.A.