UNESCO/CNN World Report N° 563
This exhibition, held at UNESCO headquarters from 2 to 18 November 2005, included 30 of the best entries submitted by young designers and 50 original works, based on the theme “Love/Why?”, by renowned designers and professional artists such as: Tadao Ando, Erwan and Ronan Bouroullec, Campana Brothers, Geatano Pesce and Tom Dixon.
The award winning creations on display were:
- "Master Peace": a game for intercultural dialogue, by Tamar Meshulam (Israel), Grand Prize;
- "Cinetica Tapestries", by Carla Tennenbaum (Brazil), 1st Prize;
- « Shan Kobyz », USB Flash drive, by Zhanar Turekulov (Kazakhstan), 1st Prize;
- « Flow » clock, by Kunio Osawa (Japan), 1st Prize;
- Socks and inflatable pillow « donotdisturb », by Karen Olze and Gisa Wilkens (Germany), Special Jury Award and
- "Human Playground", by David Altit (Israel), Felissimo Award.
The scenography, using recycled materials (newspapers and cardboard), was designed by Yoji Matsumura.