Unit: Administration Unit
Position/Title: Administrative Assistant
Post Number: 4 ID BFM 0719 RP
Duty station: UNESCO Jakarta
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Closing date of application: 25 July 2014
Description of Responsibilities:
Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO Office in Jakarta, and the direct supervision and guidance of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
1. General Accountabilities:
- Act as certifying officer up to the authorized level delegated by the CFO;
- Draft and prepares route correspondence, memoranda and non-substantive reports;
- Maintain confidential and general files and establish reference systems and monitoring;
- Assist in the preparation of budgetary and financial reports, statistics or projections for use of managers;
- Review draft reports, verify overall accuracy, consistency and uniformity in presentations. Cross-check consistency of figures.
2. Finance Accountabilities:
- Assist and inform the AO on financial status, by using, the management information system and reporting;
- Codes, records and reconciles accounting transactions;
- Verifies and process payments;
- Maintain specific accounts, calculate and compile financial data, prepare routine reports;
- Generate expenditure reports from SAP;
- Provide assistance and guidance to staff on basic financial procedures, on requirements related to payments, and on banking and currency provisions.
3. Budget Accountabilities:
- Monitors and controls commitments and expenditures;
- Prepares detailed cost estimates and other data use in budget analysis and proposals;
- Keeps track of budget levels and alerts AO and concerned managers to avoid potential shortfalls in funds (validates information and identifies any errors or irregularities);
- Generate expenditure reports from computerized information system databases. Complies financial data;
- Assist in the preparation, cost estimation and finalization of budget reports, carry out preliminary analysis of variances between budgets and actual expenditures and cross checking consistency of figures;
- Review all accuracy and consistency of draft reports. Cross check consistency of figures;
- Identify any other anomalies, errors, alerts AO and undertakes transactions to correct errors/emissions.
4. HR Accountabilities
- Assist the AO in HR Administrative matters
- Drafts documents for personal actions, follows up on coming HR actions maintains data base;
- Draft routine documents for personnel actions, retrieves HR related data from STEPS, TULIP, etc;
- Process salaries, entitlements, claims, non-staff contracts etc as per to established guidelines and procedures;
- Provide assistance, advice and briefings to newly arived staff, experts and consultants on basic procedures and on issues related to cisas, identity cards, driving licences and other necessary personnel-related documentation in accordance with requirements by the Organization and host country; (liaise with Ministry of Foreign Affairs);
- Assist in pre-recruitement formalities and provide support on the conduct of the recruitement process; coordinates interview schedules, prepares agenda and documentation;
- Assist in the preparation and conduct of surveys on local salaries, cost of living, daily subsistence allowance criteria, housing rental etc.;
- Initiate appropriate actions for all administrative documents concerning personnel; appointment extension, separations, within-in grade increments, periodic performance reports, statutory travel and other documents in respect of entitlements including maintaining up-to-date the computerized performance report application (PERFOWEB).
- Shipment: make arrangements, assist and advise on shipping; liaise with customs.
- Procurement: assist in initiating procurement action, in the preparation of purchase orders and contracts, monitor status of requisitions and maintain contact with suppliers.
- Travel: assist and provide guidance in preparation of travel plans, review travel claims, prepare travel order, issue travel advances.
- As the Travel Agent focal point.
- Assist in all securitry related matters. May liaise and cooperate with UNDSS on matters related to safety and security.
6. Additional activies that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.Minimum Qualifications Required:
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration;
- HR Certification programme
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant HR experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web management systems.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Excellent knowledge of English required.
- Full proficiency in the official language of the country of the duty station required (Bahasa Indonesia).
All applications in English, with the most recent Curriculum Vitae and P-11 form (UNESCO Personnel History form), and a non-returnable passport-size photo should be sent to the Finance and Administrative Officer, UNESCO Jakarta, and received by COB 25 Jluly 2014, to one of the following:
By mail for hard-copy to :
Back to top
Jl. Galuh II No. 5
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject the “Vacancy_Administrative Assistant".
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquiries will be accepted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. UNESCO reserves the right to accept or reject any application.