Recent Guidance Documents:
- Guidelines for Developing Terms of Reference – April 2013
This document discusses the main components of the Terms of Reference for external evaluations.
- Guidance Note on the Evaluation of UNESCO’s Extrabudgetary Activities – April 2013
This Guidance Note presents a summary of key principles to be taken into account in the planning and implementation of (self-)evaluations of extrabudgetary activities. See also the document “A Practical Guide to UNESCO’s Extrabudgetary Activities”.
- UNEG Handbook for Conducting Evaluations of Normative Work in the UN System - November 2013
This Handbook provides an integrated approach to the evaluation of normative work in the UN.
2007-2011 Guidance Documents:
- Evaluation Handbook - November 2007
This handbook has been prepared to further understanding among UNESCO staff and key stakeholders on what evaluation is, why it is important and who is responsible for what in the evaluation process.
- Desk Study Checklist - March 2008
This checklist aims to assist programme sectors and field offices in the preparation of Desk Studies for external and internal evaluations.
- Guidelines for Selection of Evaluators - March 2008
These guidelines aim to assist programme sectors and field offices in the selection of evaluators for external and internal evaluations.
- Guidelines for Inception Reports - March 2008
These guidelines aim to assist programme sectors and field offices in the preparation of Inception Reports for external and internal evaluations.
- Guidelines for Managing External Evaluations - March 2008
These guidelines describe the stages involved in managing external evaluations of which there are two broad sets: (1) those managed directly by IOS; and (2) those managed by the sector.
- Guidelines for Follow-up to Evaluation Report Recommendations - March 2008
These guidelines describe the responsibilities and steps in the follow-up to evaluation report recommendations. They are designed for UNESCO management (i.e. ADGs and Directors of Central Services, Institutes, Centres and Field Offices) to support a common process across UNESCO in the responses to evaluations.
- Integrating Human Rights and Gender Equality in Evaluation - 2011
This UNEG Handbook is a user-friendly and synthetic guidebook on how to include human rights and gender equality in evaluations.