Learning and digital transformation in Iberoamerica: consultation on the 2023 GEM Report convened by OEI and ProFuturo (Day 1)
The Organization of Ibero-American States (OEI), ProFuturo and the GEM Report are organizing a high-level consultation to collect literature, data and evidence-based examples of educational technology in Ibero-America. The consultation event will take place at the Espacio Fundación Telefónica in Madrid and will feature the voices of education ministers, experts and representatives from international organizations and civil society who will share evidence-based examples of the challenges and opportunities of using technology in education in the region.
The event will also seek to follow up on the commitments on digital transformation adopted by countries and organizations during the Transformation Education Summit that took place in September in New York, where the OEI, ProFuturo and the GEM Report took part in different capacities. The discussions that will take place during the consultation will contribute to the process of reimagining learning through digital transformation and highlight the importance of collaboration, inter-agency work and partnership building. It will also contribute to highlight the importance of following up on the global initiatives of the Summit, a process that is being led by the GEM Report and the UNESCO Institute for Statistics under the coordination of the High-Level SDG Steering Committee of which the OEI is a member.
- Welcome remarks, Carmen Morenés. Director of Fundación Telefónica
- Opening remarks, Dr. José Manuel Bar Cendón, Secretary of State for Education of Spain
- Presentation of the GEM 2023 Report concept note, Manos Antoninis, Director of the Global Education Monitoring Report, UNESCO
- Ministerial panel moderated by Tamara Díaz, Director of Education, OEI
- Mariano Jabonero, Secretary General, OEI
- Magdalena Brier, Director General, ProFuturo
- Marco Antonio Ávila Lavanal, Minister of Education of Chile
- Jaime Perczyk, Minister of Education of Argentina
- Daniel Crespo, Viceminister of Education, Ecuador
- Ariel Rodriguez Gil, Viceminister, Ministry of Education of Panama
- Leonardo Garnier, Special Adviser for the Transforming Education Summit
- Panel of experts moderated by Laura Stipanovic, Project Officer Advocacy Partnerships and Events, GEM Report, UNESCO
- Mercedes Mateo, Head of Education Division, Inter-American Development Bank
- Laura Oroz, Director for Cooperation with Latin America and the Caribbean, AECID
- Óscar Martín Centeno, Chairman of the Madrid Board of Directors
- Leandro Folgar, Director Ceibal
Closing and next steps, Magdalena Brier, Director General, ProFuturo
The event will be held in a hybrid format and will last 90 minutes.
Virtual participation: The event will be broadcast online through the YouTube channels of the UNESCO GEM Report, OEI and ProFuturo and through this page.