Poetry in The Courier
To celebrate the World Poetry Day (21 March), we invite our readers to discover more than 100 articles on the world poetry, published over the last sixty years.
- Unesco collection of representative works: treasures of world literature (1986);
- War on war; poets of the world at Unesco (1982).
- When poetry is louder than a bomb (2011);
- Universal thought: Tagore, Neruda, Césaire; poetry in the service of a new humanism (2011);
- Interview with Izet Sarajlic (1998);
- Poetry, an education in freedom (1996);
- Yehudah Amichai talks to Edgar Reichmann (1994);
- Edouard J. Maunick talks to Jasmina Sopova (1994);
- Rimbaud's quest (1993);
- Interview: Charles Malamoud (1993);
- Anna Akhmatova: 'mother courage' of poetry (1990);
- Fernando Pessoa and the spirit of discovery (1989);
- Poetry, freedom and revolution (1989);
- César Vallejo; a revolutionary voice in modern poetry (1988);
- The Poetry of Ilya Chavchavadze (1987);
- The Concrete poetry movement (1986);
- Ageless voices of poets & writers (1971);
- Rabindranath Tagore; a universal voice (1961);
- Taras Shevchenko, Ukraine's poet of freedom (1961).
- Great epics; heroic tales of man and superman (1989);
- The Spoken and the written word (1985); The Mahabharata and the Ramayana, two great epics of India and South Asia (1967).
- Rehabilitation for the Song of the Nibelungs (2009);
- Olonkho, an epos from twelve hundred years ago (2006);
- The Trials of Ulysses (1997);
- Homer and the Greek ideal (1992);
- The Mahàvamsa, Sri Lanka's non-stop epic (1989);
- Luís de Camões: the eventful life and times of Portugal's great epic poet (1989);
- Poetry in a landscape; the world of Sangam (1984);
- The Epic of the kings; Persia's national saga, the 'Shah-nama' (1971);
- Epic of Mexico's great far west (1958);
- Martin Fierro: an epic of the pampas (1957).
- Mystic voices; Zubaida and the sufi; Story of Bishr Hafi; The Dream; "Book of God" (1981);
- Love, sacred and profane; decoding Hafez' mystic message (1989);
- The Mystic way (1987);
- Three in one; the single complete art of calligraphy, poetry and painting (1982);
- The Poets of muslim Spain (1982).
- Haiku, by Matsuo Bashô (1994);
- Sadriddin Ayni, a great Central Asian poet of freedom (1978);
- Lost horizons in the land of poetry; the vanished works of a scientist turned man of letters (1974);
- Nasimi, poet-philosopher of Azerbaijan (1973);
- Dante: the primacy of poetry (1966);
- The Welsh Eisteddfod; a people celebrates in music and poetry (1953).